An Update on the 7 Wonders Outdoor Hub (5 February 2013)
Mr Terry Tan (HOD/GEP) provides an update on the project:
1. The Bouldering Wall is used during PE lessons to teach basic rock climbing technique to the pupils, starting with the P4 pupils for term 1. The P5 and P6 pupils will have their turn later in the year. All PE teachers have been trained to conduct such sessions.
2. *The Challenge Tower has been successfully pilot tested by a group of teachers at the end of last year. The plan is to invite an established rock climbing company to run activities on Saturdays. Pupils and their parents will be invited to sign up at an affordable cost.
3. The Playground is used during PE lessons for the lower Primary pupils.
4. The Eco-pond and ‘Grand Canyon’ are used in the Science trail activities.
5. The ‘Great Wall of China’ at the Clock Tower Block is almost completed.
6. Discussions are still going on for the stage (Coliseum) and slope (Giza Pyramids).